Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life and Ministry the Past Couple of weeks...

Man... I feel like I need a Vacation... OH WAIT I DO! HA!

I went to VA beach with my mom a month ago now for a couple of days while she was at a conference... and from those 2 and 1/2 days I have not stopped. From Criticism to Crisis after Crisis... I feel bad saying this, but this past week has been awesome because I have actually gotten to dwell in the presence of God! It has been very refreshing!

REACTION 2 CRITICISM
- If you never go into a basement that the Youth have as a hang out then don't complain about the "paint job."
- If a youth pastor doesn't spend time outside of church with some students THEN get worried.
- The Youth are at church more than you... they should have some sort of say...
- The Youth know that they don't matter to the rest of the church... SAD TIMES

CRISIS
- Youth Parents Cheating
- Break-ups (though teenage still important to them)
- Sudden Death of a Praise Band Member
- Student Kicked Out for Fighting
- Student Mad at Youth Pastor -- met about this

I wish the different Crisis would wake up the Church to prove to them that all the Criticism isn't necessary! Let's put life int perspective!!! Who cares what the Basement looks like if Kids are growing closer to God and actually want to be there so that when their day comes we will be able to rejoice like we have with Brian's Family and not have to morn....

No comments: