Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Confession

So I am having some major Spiritual Warfare. I am preaching Sunday Night and this happens every time I preach whether it be on a Sunday Night or to a larger youth group on a special occasion... I almost always feel as though I am not good enough --> In life in general. All of those little things that pop up every now and then that I'm not good at or are an insecurity all come together at once... Sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough and I put my worth in other people... so if something happens and the person or persons I talk to on a daily basis back out on me or stop talking to me I feel that it's my fault or that I did something wrong... or maybe I'm just not good enough for them. All of those insecurities pop up... I thank God all the time for my friends... those that I can call on at any time. God has given me the most amazing friends and family ever! I love the closeness that I have with so many of my friends! Amazing! But sometimes I feel like I forget that my best friend should truly be Jesus... Instead I turn to humans who HELLO are going to fail me... So that's the Confession... I need to turn to Him more than friends and family.... WoW! When I had this realization today I was in tears... I couldn't help but become overwhelmed at how much I depend on humans instead of God...

1 comment: