Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Update on Contentment


So, here I am during Midterm week. I had 2 projects due today for both Drs. Jackson! That's right I take both Mr. and Mrs. in the same day! I had a magazine type thing due for Youth Culture and I love how it turned out!! For Mrs. Judi, I had a group presentation. I was up till 4am this morning working on my magazine, thankfully my group presentation was finished on Sunday.

This weekend was a women's conference on the NOBTS campus. It was on contentment. Contentment is something that I have struggled with. But here it is, I'm actually content now! I love my life here in New Orleans. I love my job and my classes. I'm thriving here! I could always have more money or a boyfriend or whatever, but as for life it's pretty fabulous! The last speaker was Liz Stewart. She works here on campus and she really brought the word. The best part is that she said we can still desire things in our life, but be happy with where we are right now. Like wanting to one day be married, but being happy right now as a single! As much as I know if I were married to a Youth Pastor I would be able to speak and really work with my passion I also know that one day I will have to explain to girls and maybe to a single woman how hard it has been to really find contentment.

I really miss being a Youth Speaker... it's something that I had a lot of opportunities to do in VA even if I didn't take them all, it was still an opportunity. So, if you'll pray that I will find an outlet for this it would be AWESOME!

I also really hope to help plan the next Women's event... it needs a little Arielle Flair hahaha! Some of you totally know what that means! LOVE it!! :)

I have been spending a lot of time reading and listening to Bianca Juarez... Yeah, she's pretty fabulous! I have also realized that all the people I would love to be mentored by live in Cali... is that a sign I should move there one day?! hmmm....

No comments: