Monday, November 29, 2010

Family

What is family? For some their family is their group of friends... for others it is their blood relation... and for even more people it is the people they see on holidays.


For me family is all of these things. I am SO thankful, grateful, and just plain FULL because of my immediate family. It's just the 3 of us; my parents and myself! I LOVE IT! My parents are the greatest people ever! I know most children say that, but seriously... they are! They keep me balanced and level headed as well as pushing me to be and do my best. They taught me to be creative, but to think logically! I am my momma's little girl and my daddy's little boy. I walked with a book on my head for good posture as well as threw a softball every afternoon as hard as I could so I wouldn't play like a girl!

I really can't say enough about my parents.. the most amazing thing about them is how they show Christ's love! In the New Testament Paul writes about how a husband should love his wife like Christ loved the church. My Dad really does love my mom like that! From the big things to the little things like not wanting to turn on the light when he gets up in the morning to let her sleep just a little longer!

My family is a mix of cultures. My mommas is from middle of nowhere NC and my dad is from San Francisco. Yup, I'm a mutt! We eat guacamole on everything from burritos to turkey sandwiches! We have Tea in the fridge at all times! We say Coke instead of Soda or Pop! We eat Oatmeal and normally not grits. It's pretty amazing how it all comes together!

My house has always been filled with love and laughter! I love it so much! From joking around to taking funny pictures or talking about what God is doing in our lives and our calendars... it's love and laughter!

Gotta love my crazy family! No matter what I know my parents are always there when I need a laugh, a hug, a shoulder to cry on, or a prayer!

FYI these pics are SOOOooo my parents! My mom is the proper one and my dad, well, you be the judge! :)

No comments: