Thursday, September 12, 2013

Chicken Parmesan

So, the picture doesn't look too great because this is after Jaron had eaten most of his!! It was so quick! We got home from White Shoe (band's Thursday night open practice) and were starving! So, we went through the freezer and cabinets and then Jaron decided he wanted Chicken Parmesan. Normally I bake it and use chicken patties, but not tonight!!

All of my recipes are for 2 people... Jaron is 6'1 so he's a big boy and might eat more than if it is just two girls!!


1 large can spaghetti sauce (traditional)
We added some oregano, parsley, garlic salt, and pepper out of the cabinet!
1 small can mushrooms
1/3 of a small box Angel Hair pasta
8 breaded chicken strips
Mozzarella Cheese (I know it's called chicken Parmesan, but I always use Mozzarella!)

Preheat the oven to 450
While waiting for the oven to preheat start the water for noodles.
After the water boils put in the noodles... When the noodles are about halfway done put the chicken strips in the oven. (I cook them on my pizza stone) After the noodles are finished cooking drain and keep in the strainer. Take the pot you cooked the noodles in and pour in your pasta sauce. Next, drain your mushrooms and put them in the sauce. Add your extras, if you have them, and stir! Wait 3 minutes, I put in a load of laundry, and check your chicken strips. They should be about done so take them out and throw them into the sauce and add your noodles. Stir everything together and put stove on simmer. I had a few breadsticks in the freezer so we put those in the oven and let the chicken parm simmer and get all yummy! When the breadsticks are done OR after 5 minutes it should all be ready! I went ahead and plated everything. Now, take your cheese grater and grate the mozzarella on top of the chicken, sauce, and noodles. It makes it look pretty and adds that cheesiness!!! I like lot of mozzarella so I grate about 2/3 to a half a cup on each! It was OHHHHH so good!!! Jaron had 2nds! Honestly it made enough for me to be full and him to have 2nds!

No comments: