Thursday, February 27, 2014

EAT ME!

Yes, I just titled this post EAT ME! Last night in Traders Youth we started the 7 "I AM" statements in the book of John. Now, in chapter 6 Jesus says, "I am the bread of Life."  I started thinking about what He meant. There is SO much foreshadowing in this chapter it is RIDICULOUS and to think when the crucifixion comes the disciples are still baffled! (Who am I kidding! I'm slow and Jesus would have had to be like "Arielle…. I'm going to do some symbolism here… catch up!") Jesus talks about His body and His blood. It was so good to hear my 7th grade babies be able to tell me what these things mean… They get His foreshadowing! They know what is coming!
At one point Jesus says, "Eat of me." Think about what food does for us… what happens to our bodies when we get healthy food… it makes us strong! Our bones, bloodstream, and even cells are affected by the food we EAT. So what would happen if we treated Jesus like food and let Him become apart of our very existence?!

No comments: