Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful for Family Roots

So, Thanksgiving is coming up NEXT week! Crazy, eh?! A week from today I will be on a plane going to VA. I love the state in which I was born and raised. I could get to the mountains and the beach within 2 hours and be on the water in 30 minutes.  I could go on and on about that amazing place, but instead I won't! ha!

Only HALF of the food!
Thanksgiving is a time where my Dad's family sits around the table with plates FULL and we all discuss what we are thankful for.... I know it sounds cheesy, but it's awesome! We are always so thankful for our families and our God! We eat and then sit around beside the fire drinking coffee, playing games, and enjoying the company that is family! (Side note: It is FALL in VA which means it's COLD out unlike in New Orleans where it is still 80!)

Thanksgiving '06
God has truly blessed me with an amazing family! My parents have always pushed me to be the best... in life, school, and in my walk with Jesus. I am so thankful for not only my parents, but all of my family. They push me to grow more everyday in my walk with Christ, for that I am thankful!

My Dad and his sister were not raised in a Christian household. They came to know Christ as teenagers, but they have instilled in us (their kids) how important a walk with Christ really is! I love sitting around the table discussing church and the bible studies we are having... it's pretty awesome! We are all so different, but have such a love for Jesus that the conversations are growth opportunities for all of us!

Spouses and a cousin are missing...
My Mom's family has a deep family bond/love where you know no matter what they will help you as best as possible. My great grandfather helped start a church and my grandfather was a music minister. As you can tell we have a deep Christian heritage! The house at Christmas is full of laughter, ball games, and food! The Gospel is talked about as easily as great grandma's pineapple cake! I have never felt a love like I do when my mom's family gets together! It's a love for Jesus and each other!

I cannot express to you how THANKFUL I am that my family tree is ROOTED in Christ!

No comments: