Now the questions start rolling in....
- Where do we start?
- Where are the kids Spiritually?
- What kind of ministry has been taking place before now?
- How do we start?
- Build Relationships
- Go to games, plays, band things
- Get Organized
- Budgets, Parent Meetings, Teaching Schedules, Camps
- Begin to create a Spiritual Culture
- Focus on Time with God
- Show how God changes us and molds us to be more like Him
- Set the bar HIGH!
- What do we change?
- Create a "Sacred Space"
- walking in it says, "time to talk with God"
At the end of our official 1st week Jaron and I went on a Ski Retreat with some of our new Youth, Volunteers, and Parents! What a way to kick start relationships!
The start of the 2nd week we did what I grew up doing and went to a basketball game and had concession stand burgers for dinner!
I love it when we are able to go to games and see our kids play! We rounded out our week at a game night with church people playing Bunko and Spoons while eating pizza and sipping wine (in my case a diet mountain dew!)
Tonight I have a JV basketball game to go to as well as a Children's Committee meeting! Later this week our Community has a Women's conference!! I'm so excited about being able to meet people and learn more about our Savior!
We seem super busy, but honestly it's such a slow pace that it doesn't feel rushed or busy at all! Jaron and I are able to have lunch and dinner together almost everyday!! AND dinner is before 8pm!!!